Monday, November 23, 2009

It's 1966, the greatest era for British Rock & Roll, but BBC Radio plays less than 45 minutes of pop music a day.

So this past weekend, my mum and I had a "mother/daughter" night on Saturday, because my dad and brother were out of town. Our house is so nice and peaceful when that happens! Anyway, our night consisted of staying at home to have scrambled eggs and toast for dinner (mmm), then heading out to catch a movie at the theatre. We were originally going to see "The Blind Side", but that was sold out (suprisingly), so we had to choose from the rest of the movies playing. Obviously New Moon was way past being sold out (even with the 5 shows still coming up), and there wasn't that great of a selection left. I suggested we might as well see "Pirate Radio", because we're already all the way out here, we might as well see a movie. Now, neither of us had really heard about this movie, or what it was about, but oh my god, am I ever glad I picked it (more on that later). So after picking up the tickets, we went to Starbucks and Chapters (one of my faaaavourite combinations). Nothing puts me in a good mood like browsing through isles of books (and discount tables, obviously) with a White Chocolate Mocha in hand. Only this time I got a holiday-inspired (speaking of holidays, I only have 25 more days til I'm off!) peppermint white chocolate mocha, which was just as good if not better.
So after wandering around the store, we purchased some books, and headed back to the theatre where I witnessed the funniest movie I've seen in an insanely long time. Like, too long, trust me.

Pirate Radio had me PEEING myself (well, not literally, but you get what I mean). It was absolutly hiiiiiilarious. And British, which just added to the overall appeal of it. Honestly, if you're going to the movies in the near future, forget about New Moon (psssssh, Robert Pattinson isn't even that good looking), AND GO SEE PIRATE RADIO.

I can't get over how great this movie is. Great music, great actors... and it's British and set in the mid 60's. Brilliant much? I think so. Seriously, see it. :)
Ps, isn't the guy in the sweatervest a cutie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :).